Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Amazing day!

I cannot believe a year ago today, I married my best friend. It feels like it went by so fast! I think that has a lot to do with us not seeing each other a lot. Out of the entire year, Tyler was gone for four months, give or take a couple weeks. Even though we haven't spent as much time together as I would like, I wouldn't want our lives any other way. I am proud to wait for him, I'm happy to wait for him because I know when that man comes home again, we'll be together and that's all that matters to me. Our love is too strong to be destroyed by distance. Nothing can or ever will come between us. I can't wait for the years and years to come.. And for what God has in store for us. I can't wait to have children one day with him. Tyler is going to be such an amazing father :) It's so hard to wait but, I think we definitely need to spend more time together just being "us". I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with him.. He is such an amazing husband and the biggest blessing of my life :) I love you baby, Happy One Year! :)

Our wedding was so beautiful.. I can't thank our family enough for dropping everything and helping us get this wedding together in such a short amount of time. Everything came together so perfectly from the flowers, to the dresses, the decorations, the food, the venue, everything came together SO perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding.. It was the best day of my life :) I can still hear the clicking of the cameras and sniffles in the crowd.. I remember the moment my dad gave me away to Tyler and the pride he had in his voice. I remember the look on Tyler's face when he saw me for the first time in my wedding gown before the ceremony.. I swear, he told me how beautiful I was probably a thousand times. And boy, did he look handsome. :) I can see Tyler's head sweating, trying to fight back the tears when we were saying our vows.. I can still feel my heart beating a million miles and hour. I remember thanking God over and over again in my head for this beautiful day.. I remember and feel everything. I feel the exact same about that man as I did when I married him.. I love him even more, actually. I didn't even know it was possible to love somebody this much.. His love is such a blessing.

I'm so thankful to have married into such a wonderful family.. I absolutely adore my in laws. I feel so grateful to have such a close relationship with my mother in law :) There are so many people that don't have that with their in laws, and I feel sorry for the issues they may have to go through. Tyler's family is hilarious.. I love their silly sense of humor and how laid back everyone is. I feel like I was meant to be in their family, and that is so important to me. I feel the same for Tyler. I feel as though he was meant to be apart of my family as well. And they love him to pieces :)

Our one year anniversary was a little bitter sweet. Bitter because of course, we couldn't spend it together, and very sweet because well.. It's our anniversary! :) I was so happy that I got to Skype with him this morning. That was amazing. <3

Something crazy happened today.. And I can't wait to tell Tyler about it :)
Today I had to pick up a prescription from Rite Aid and as I was standing in line, I noticed it was taking a little while.. I peaked over and saw a little old lady picking up her meds along with buying certain products that elderly people need :) She was taking her time because she had a cane, and a cart to take care of. I noticed some of the people were getting pretty impatient.. When she turned around to leave, she apologized to everyone. I couldn't stand knowing that she had to walk all that way back to the car by herself so I offered to help her unload her stuff. She gladly accepted and we slowly walked to the car.. On the way, we talked about her sciatic nerve, her husband, my husband, she gave me wonderful information about a nearby Church that her and her husband attend which I am so thankful for, we talked about where we're from, how much we love California and how much she loves Marines. She volunteers for the program that throws baby showers for women who are pregnant with deployed husbands! How sweet, right? And just when I thought she couldn't get any sweeter, she handed me a $100 bill. I gave it back to her and said "no, thank you so much but there is no way I'm going to accept that from you. I'm going to return your cart, thank you so much for sharing your stories with me, it was so nice to meet you!" But she looked me in the eyes and says, "Alli, I want you and your husband to do something nice for your anniversary. You are a very strong woman for going through all of this, and you two deserve to do something nice when he comes home, please take it." I hugged her and started bawling my eyes out, of course. I did not want to take this money from her, but he continued to push me to take it. I can't believe it. A complete stranger. She gave me more than a gift of 100$, she gave me the gift of finding a church for Tyler and I to attend, and gave me a lot of advice and love. I will be praying for her and her husband tonight, and praying that God will put someone in my path tomorrow that needs a helping hand.

AMAZING DAY! Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment