Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Wade

Dear Chad,

If there was one thing I could say to you it would be thank you. Thank you for being so selfless. Thank you for giving your life, so my husband didn't have to.. So the rest of the entire battalion didn't have to. Thank you for being so brave, and for everything you have done for this country. You have no idea what kind of impact you and your wife Katie have on us. You were one of Tyler's brothers.. whether you two knew each other personally or not, you were brothers. You are our hero, Chad. My heart aches for Katie, you guys have something so special. You can just tell even in the pictures of you two that you guys were so madly in love with each other. It breaks my heart that your life had to end so short for this country.. You were so young and it's not fair. But again, thank you so much. Thank you for protecting our country, and now protecting the gates of Heaven.

Dear Katie,

I just wish I could sit down with you and tell you how much your story has impacted my life and my marriage. My friend Alexa and I have made a promise to each other that anytime we get into an argument with our husbands, that we will text each other the code word "Wade" and begin venting instead of taking it out on them. Our job is to calm each other down and remind each other that our husband's survived.. And we cannot take that for granted. I hope you're doing okay, Katie. I worry about you. We all do. If you and I ever reconnect, I'm going to give you the biggest hug in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment